Saturday, September 09, 2006
posted by Ms. Armstrong at 5:05 p.m.
Hey Gummy Bears,
Thanks for all the positive comments about the blog, and the start of the new school year. I am looking forward to getting to know all of you over the semester. We are off to a terrific start. So far I am encouraged by the initiative that you are taking - getting to class on time, finding out when things are due, and getting yourselves signed up on the blog. I love seeing this much enthusiasm towards learning - keep it up.

Your first assignment (the grade 9 review) is due on Wednesday. You will be marking it yourselves, but I will be checking to see that you did as much as you possibly could do. Remember, this is a review. I expect that there are some topics that you need help refreshing your memory, while other topics may be new to you depending on where you went for grade 9. Don't fret - I will help you get through this but I want you to start by helping yourself. Try reviewing your notes from last year or work with a classmate. This is a really good opportunity to meet new friends - someone who went to a different school than you in grade 9 may be able to assist you with one topic while you might be able to help them with another.

Keep up the good work. It will all pay off in the long run.
Ms. Armstrong