Graphing Method # 2
Using the Intercept Form
There are two intercept for any linear equation.
x intercept => where the line crosses the x axis.
y intercept => where the line crosses the y axis.
eg. graph the equation
* substitute 0 for x and then substitute 0 for y.
Using the intercept method.
Method # 3
Slope- Intercept Form
1.) Equation must be put into y= mx + b form.
ex. graph x- 2y = 2 ( using the intercept form.)
m = 1/2 = slope
b = -1 y intercept
2.) Plot the y intercept.
3.) Use the slope rise/run to find the second point from "b".
- and when graphing it, from point "b" rise 1/2 then run 2 place.
- Exercise # 11 and 12
And dont forget about the following dates:
- October 13, 2006 - Quiz- 3 Graphing Methods.
- October 17, 2006 - Slide project is due. (Ms. Armstrong changed it due to not having enough time because of the fire drill incident.)
- October 19, 2006 - Analytic Geometry
And the next blogger is Emman.